Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
The pregnancy yoga teacher training course will prove invaluable to yoga teachers, and yoga teacher trainees searching for safe yoga techniques, knowledge and understanding of this transformative and profound experience. All material is written by Victoria 'Skip' Oliver it is experientially informed and and extensively referenced.
whYoga offers 3 levels of training:
1) Digital Learning - two in depth teaching manuals on Physiology and Yoga Techniques For Pregnancy including illustrated sequences and 4 films that clearly demonstrate a complete class for Pubis Symphysis Dysfunction, First Trimester, Second Trimester and Third Trimester. This is suitable for those who cannot commit to the Practical Learning due to unfavorable location. Price: £150.
2) Practical Learning - attendance at 6 Pregnancy Yoga Classes to learn the craft of teaching pregnancy yoga, plus two in depth teaching manuals on Physiology and Yoga Techniques For Pregnancy, plus a telephone tutorial at the end of the six weeks. Date: To be organised with Vicky 'Skip' Oliver. Earn 6 Cntact CEU's with the Yoga Alliance plus 4 non-contact CEU's. Price: £350.
3) Practical Learning Intensive - attendance of two days (usually held on two Fridays) with Vicky 'Skip' Oliver to learn the craft of teaching pregnancy yoga, plus two in depth teaching manuals on Physiology and Yoga Techniques For Pregnancy. This course is held one to one for a personal experience. Earn 12 Contact CEU's with the Yoga Alliance plus 4 non-contact CEU's. Price: £500.
The certificated training courses are open to trainee yoga teachers and qualified yoga teachers and will enhance your teaching expertise and physiological comprehension enabling you to teach pregnant women yoga within a reassuring and creative environment. The training focuses on the hormones that surround labour, birth and breastfeeding, the spirituality of the birth, guidelines on the correct use of asanas and ways of using yoga and pranayama to strengthen the mind and the body. Earn Yoga Alliance 'Continuing Education Units' with all the courses.
Working through the manual written by Skip Oliver. The manual includes extensive notations on the physiology of birth. The aim of this manual is to introduce all prospective teachers of pregnant women and pregnant women to a demystified and demedicalised approach to pregnancy, labour and birth. The following will be explored:
- the neo-cortex
- unexpected birth
- lotus birth
- first aid obstetrics
- primal health
- presentation terms
- C Section
- participation of men
- the ultimate bIrth story
This manual offers you practical advice on writing classes for pregnancy and the post partum phase and how to work through class structures. The following are explored:
- a holsitic approach
- postures during pregnancy
- 10 point checklist
- first trimester
- second trimester
- third trimester
- sample classes
- postnatal yoga
- mother and baby yoga
- yoga sequencing for pregnancy
- mixed ability class
Book Online - Price: £500 Practical Intensive
Book Online - Price: £350 Practical
Book Online - Price: £150 Digital
"Skip is a very knowledgeable, fun and confidence building individual. The course material is thorough and met both my personal and professional needs. As a mother the physiology part of the course gave me a better understanding of birthing, offering some key information which may completely improve my experience of birth the second time. Professionally, I was able to write my own 6 weeks course material as soon as the course was completed. I am now opening my 3rd weekly Pregnancy Yoga class in Reigate, Surrey, through my local company www.yogamoo.com, only 3 months after completing the course."
I feel so fortunate to have attended Skippy’s whYoga Pregnancy Teacher Training. Skip creates an intimate, positive, safe and interactive environment, where we all are able to share our experiences. Before my training I knew very little about pregnancy. After completing the training, I returned home full of excitement, inspiration and with a deeper knowledge. The way the course was organised was ideal. I appreciate the time we had to discuss the importance and impact of different hormones, labour and the spirituality of birth. At the end of our training, Vicky invited us to one of her pregnancy yoga classes. This is where we experienced how Skippy teaches her class with the same positive, safe and dynamic way she taught us – it was an incredible experience. Skippy’s approach and yoga flows are dynamic and informative and interweaves a deep respect for a woman’s body. As a new yoga teacher, I feel empowered and inspired to start sharing the asanas and pranayama exercises with women who are celebrating their pregnancy.
And once again, thank you Skips for the gift you have given to me and so many others by sharing your expertise. I feel so very blessed. Namaste, Jenn!